Saturday 12 July 2014

[A-Z] Films A-M

I have recently been involved in an alphabetical jaunt around some of the cuisine in London which prompted an alphabetical discussion of films. By prompted, I mean I asked.

Can you name a film that you like for each letter of the alphabet? The idea is to do it quickly so that you do not just think of classics but more the first thing to enter your mind.

Here is A-M for me (more foreign language films than I initially expected):

I tried to find a trailer for each and a link to a relevant page (not just imdb all the time!)

This is where it all starts. Also a strange live action trailer!
A brilliantly visceral take on competitiveness.

Terrifyingly stylish, stylishly terrifying. Take your pick.
A genuine classic of the 80s.

The best of the Star Wars films (and, allegedly the one Lucas wants to change the most).

The first film of the 21st century? The last film of the twentieth?

The Japanese one which I namecheck all the time!

Dazzling and dizzying spiral.

A touching film.

Big, but not Big.

Wonderfully shot film.

A rather stylish 90s classic.

A tricksy effort and, at the time, the most impressed I had been walking out of the screening.

More later - the rest of the alphabet.

No comments: