Sunday 20 July 2014

[A-Z] Films N-Z

A continuation of a filmic A-Z found [here].
I tried to find a trailer for each and a link to a relevant page (not just imdb all the time!)


Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind
This seems to be Miyazaki's most popular in Japan and it is a template he has followed a few times.

Oldboy


Pulp Fiction
Probably the film that made Tarantino (and gave a shot in the arm to the careers of some of the "stars") but well worth it.


Quiz Show

I found "Q" quite hard and I can barely remember this film.


Ring
A VHS classic. One of my favourites but I am not sure I will ever (be able to) watch it again.

Spirited Away


I was not taken with this film at first but the soundtrack and visuals have really won me over and it is now my favourite Ghibli film (and definitely one of my all-time favourites). One to luxuriate in.

Trainspotting
I enjoyed this but I used to feel it was a bit overrated. I don't any more. From Dawn to the end is absolutely amazing film-making. And what a soundtrack!


Up
I am not sure about a lot of Pixar films - they do not seem to grab me in the way they seem to for others. Maybe I "have no dreams" as a student once told me.

Vertigo
I remember liking it, but I cannot remember it. This might jog my memory.

Wayne's World
I am not sure how well this will have aged but it was pretty classic. I sometimes still think of "build it and they will come" from the second film. They don't always come though.

X-Men

I guess I enjoyed it enough but a slim selection to pick from.

Yellow Submarine

Music by the Beatles and animated oddities? What could go wrong?

Zodiac
I always keep an eye out for David Fincher films and, although he has a patchier record than his early burst, they are still interesting. This is a pretty long, and slow film, but fairly engrossing.

No comments: