Friday 9 May 2003

09/05/03


So starts my pointless rambling on stuff...
Well, anyway, I went and picked up my visa today at the Japanese Embassy in London. Thats about it. Its the first visa I've ever got actually because I never stay on holiday long enough to need a visa. I get a lovely holographic visa in my passport and also the certificate of eligibility which I need for working.
I did also get some DVDs in the post which is always a bonus. One ten disk Initial-D DVD set and a four disk Final Fantasy Unlimited set. Started watching Initial-D and it is, thus far, well funny. The main character (Takumi) is really laid back but his mate is manic as. They are at school but can drive. Does not look like a waste of money so far. I have kept an eye on Initial D for a while but the arcade game tipped me towards it. The arcade is made by Sega (SegaRosso divison) and is, unsurprisingly a racer. You pick a car (standard japanese sports jobs such as skylines, GTOs, Lancers etc) and then race against you opponent - ie just one other car. It sounds "worse" than a grid but the car drivers have real personality and there is loads of tension as you close in or are closed in upon. Brilliant game and it has memory cards too. You can store your data on the Initial D card which logs points, how much you have played and also what car you have along with its upgrades. This means that you have your "own" car which is pretty decent

No comments: