Thursday 10 October 2013

Singaporean clubbing - and what it could mean.

I was sent this video (or a link to the video http://t.co/re1K5i8Vfa, to be more accurate), which could be of interest if you happen to be in Singapore. I was going to ignore it, as I am not a huge clubber but it could be of use to some.
Mainly, I did like the use of Darren Aronofsky style steadicam which i first saw in pi and was used more famously in the classic Requiem for a Dream. The first song in the trail was also a remix/cover of Blue Monday by New Order which is supposedly the best selling UK 12" single ever. And so incompetently (in terms of business acumen) were Factory records run that the single was sold at a loss due to the elaborate packaging. If you are interested in the story of Factory records and/or enjoy good films, I would recommend 24 Hour Party People.
Anyway, you may find the video interesting for many reasons. I did, actually, with the talking heads bit particularly fun.

No comments: