Friday 1 August 2014

[A-Z] The rationale behind the lists

I have recently been involved in an alphabetical jaunt around some of the cuisine in London which then prompted an alphabetical discussion of films. By prompted, I mean I asked the others.
Can you name a film that you like for each letter of the alphabet? The idea is to do it quickly so that you do not just think of classics but more the first thing to enter your mind.
It does not have to be just films, of course....

My A-Z lists are not supposed to be definitive of anything other than my state of mind at the time of compilation - they are not the "best", most popular, most important or even necessarily personal favourites. What they will be, almost by definition, is something that has some sort of story/reason for it to be remembered by me - some of which may be entirely unrelated to the quality of the thing. I am not trying to put together something that is, or feels, complete and so I am very likely to miss things.
They are also quite personal and open to discussion, everyone should have their own ones and, actually they would also be different at different times. Why don't you try one yourself?




No comments: